Severe vertigo symptoms is it Meniere's disease or not?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello guys, I'm not 100% confirmed with meniere's, yesterday was the second time to experience the following symptoms:

• Horrible vertigo and intolerable floating sensation.
  • Dreadful ataxia, every time I was trying just to move my eyes or any part of my body I felt that - I was falling back under an involuntary force.

The first time was about a year ago, I had vomiting due to gastrointestinal infection then 2 days later after being treated I've experienced the vertigo symptoms, but yesterday in the second time the symptoms were exaggerated and literally multipled by 100 times.

The second difference between the two times is that yesterday I had a diarrhea then suddenly the vertigo and the floating sensation started, after that suddenly I started to vomit, after vomiting the vertigo was going better but only by 2% ..

I had an extreme heart pain with tachycardia but no shortness of breath and I had a stomachache..

The blood pressure was normal

The fasting blood sugar level was 160 ( during the attack) then it became normal about 112

My family called the ambulance cause there was nothing to do with the severe vertigo

The paramedics and the emergency doctor found that my vital signs were normal, no reasons for this vertigo, I was referred to the hospital, underwent some tests CBC, H.Pylori, abdominal ultrasound.. Everything was just good..

I got 500 mL saline solution, primperan, pantoprazol, and buscopan (butylscompolamine), the vomiting was getting better but the vertigo still the main problem

After taking the first betaserc 16 mg pill the symptoms relief started..

Betaserc was the medicine that I took after the first attack,

Today I'm better , I have only a headache and some floating sensation, and there is some pressure on my 2 ears and little pain in my left ear.

Sometimes I feel tinnitus but not usually.

One important information is that my mom had some vertigo attacks at her 40s but she don't know for sure if it was meniere's or not...

I think that I have meniere's disease but I'm not sure, how can I confirm that because physicians give me betaserc without confirming what I'm actually suffering from , and if anyone undergoes such symptoms and was diagnosed meniere's please tell me

Many thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello asmaah,

First, sorry you're going through this, it's not fun, quite miserable actually.

Additionally, I'm not a physician, nor do I have Meniere's, but my wife does, and I've learned a lot because of it. It's a cruel disease, and a relentless disease. I remember like it was yesterday, my wife was at work, driving around in the golf cart at work, stopped, got out, took one step, and she woke up in an ambulance on the way to the ER. She had a "drop attack", Google the term, and she face planted the concrete, 13 stitches outside of her forehead, 11 more inside. I've never felt more helpless! I've sat holding her hair back, while nonstop vomiting for hours, literally hours, exhausting her beyond belief.

She's just about lost all hearing in one ear, and 65%-70% in the other, and finally got her hearing aids a couple of years ago, in her early 40's.

The basics, salt, and caffeine are serious trigger's of Meniere's drop attacks. Stay clear of those, see if things improve. Also, Flavonoid pills work wonders for her, from the white noise/ringing, to the vertigo spells. She also ate a bowl of strawberries every night for a few months, and one day we realized, we can't remember the last time she had a drop attack, something you might try/look into.

Find a good ENT, they should be able to help get your symptoms narrowed down.

Good luck, feel free to ask me any questions, for many years now I've lived directly with someone who has Meniere's disease, and will help however I can.

Take care!

• Edited

hello just been diagnosed with this as been having terrible vertigo and off balance issues for years , drs just gave me some meds to take stemitil anyone tried these? would really love some advice as newly diagnosed as im just so low with these attacks of vertigo i will try anything to help make it go away , currently taking behistine got anti motion bands on and even tried cbd oil all work a little but some more advice would be great , so sorry you've also been feeling terrible too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.