Severely bent over posture

Posted , 6 users are following.

over the last year i have become more and more bent over maybe 45 degrees. i am looking for some means of forcing myself to stand upright brace, cast, taping while my muscles learn to adjust. any ideas

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I should think the best person to advise would be a physio. Perhaps your doctor could refer you. There are lots of braces on the market but it would need to fit properly or could do more harm than good and you'd be wasting your money. If you can walk I would recommend walking poles (the Nordic walking type). I find they keep me more upright than ordinary walking sticks as they are much taller but again perhaps a physio could advise. If I'm walking my dog I just use one. You don't have to be doing route marches just normal walking.Good luck.

• Posted

Nordic walking poles are definitely helpful. A friend of mine was bent nearly double and when she stands with her poles she is upright!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.