Severly anaemic

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok soo in last 5 years ive had more tha. 3 blood transfusions. I have low iron and i take iron 3 times a day. I am losing blood somewhere they cant figure out where. I do have blood in my stool but ive had colonoscopies and endoscopes sig flex etc iam so tired of having to cut out time for my daughter or miss out on things because i am in the hosptial. Ive been as low as 4.2. And i just get light headed and dizzy and thats when i know to go. Normal hemoglobin for me is around 9. Anyone else having this issue or ideas. Oh and im only 32.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’m 51, in 2012 I started rectal bleeding, had colonoscopy & flex sig done all they found was external hemroids, but as I told em I’ve had em for 30 yrs n never bled. In 2014 admitted to hospital with hemoglobin of 4, got 6 pints of blood, n went on 325mg iron, but kept bleeding. 2016, had another flex sig done, got IV iron 1/wk for 6 wks & once again they said hemroids. Last fall rechecked tests same story but now hemoglobin 9 but can no longer take iron cuz it makes me bleed heavier & tears up stomach. I’m getting hemroids removed, but still no definitive answer yet. I wear pads every day cuz never know if I might be bleeding. Oh & by way I’m intersex both male n female!

• Posted

Wow thats crazy!!! See they have done a d told me same thing!!! Thate why im debating on having a hemorrhoidectomy
  • Posted

By any chance are u taking any hormones?

I’m not sure but when I started bleeding in 2012, it was 1 wk after starting new hormone drug & bled just like heavy period with clots, stringers, nasty!!!😩🤔🤤

• Posted

Nope. My hubby and i are trying to get prego so no bc or any fertility drugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.