SEX AFTER BARTHOLIN CYST REMOVAL. HELP!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

Does anyone know how long you should wait to have sex after cyst removal?

My husband and I have a very healthy sex life and we are just loosing our minds here and its only been 2 weeks.

We tried last night and had to stop cause it hurt. Was tight and stingy. Like he couldnt go all the way in. I know it was probably waaaay too soon and I should have waited.

Please tell me it gets better!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

My doctor told me to wait 6 weeks. We tried then but it was still painful so we waited 8. It's been 10 now and it's not bad now, although I still feel a little sore after. Lots of other things you can do though!

• Posted

6 weeks!!!!!!!??????

Awe i will wait so and see how we go. In the meantime ill have to get creative!

Thanks for your reply Cyrah.

• Posted

Me and my partner tried after 3 weeks ... Don't recommend that !!! he then thought I was the best girlfriend ever for the next two weeks as let's just say he got all the attention !!! Then we tried again after 5 weeks and it was ok but slightly uncomfortable... Just have to take it a bit easier for a wee while ... No bedroom gymnastics!!😂

• Posted

You have to laugh or you'd cry!! I thought having my first one drained was bad enough then a week later I developed one at the other side!! I had that marsupialised and it was the stitches that caused the most pain ... If anything it has brought me and my partner closer together as before this happened I was a total prude and over the past few months with all this happening we now joke about my broken vagina! 😂

And they say oral sex is good for your facial muscles ... Hasn't worked on my double chin yet tho ... #everhopeful! ??

• Posted

Lol😅😅😅😅😅😅thats so funny. Im a bit of a prude too but i guess im gonna have to cop on! The thing is i don't want to have a starter and no main course😢

• Posted

I did had sex 2 weeks after the doctor lance it, after my marzupalization, it was about 4 weeks, I don't know about cyst removal, but I heard about gland removal you have to wait 6 weeks o more. You know your own body better than me, do it when you feel ready.

I am 17 years married, we had sex every day or every one day, but after this problem, I don't even want to do it, I'm freak out. My husband is very nice, I get stress about it, we just had it after 3 month, I'm glad my gland didn't grow, but I have to be easy, I'm sure your husband will understand.

Wish you the best.

• Edited

I just had to get an infected Bartholins Cyst numbed and drained a couple days ago. They put a Ward Catheter in the incision. I was told that the incision would heal after 1 or 2 weeks, and that the catheter would fall out on its own. I do not like this one bit. It is so uncomfortable. I haven't had sex in 4 years and I was hoping to in the near future, like within the next week or 2. I hope this will heal quick with no problems and that this darn think will fall out. I guess I'll have to use other parts of my body if it does happen. No catheter in my mouth 🤣

• Edited

I had the same problem. I had an infected Batholins cyst 3 weeks ago, which I had to get drained and a Word catheter wad put in place. The catheter came out after 2 weeks when I pulled gently on it. It popped out. There was an indentation where the ballon part of the catheter was, but everything felt and looked normal aside from that. I tried to have sex recently, but he couldn't get more than the tip in, and it did sting a little. He just thought I was too tight due to not having had sex for a long time. It had been 4 years since I've had intercourse. So idk if that had something to do with it, or maybe I was nervous and clenched up. Or maybe I didn't wait long enough after the procedure. It felt fine when he put his fingers in though. I was told 2 weeks was the time for it to heal. Im really bummed out about this. I'm scared that I'll never be able to have sex again. I guess im going to have to put my oral and hand skills to work. Sorry if this TMI.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.