Sex after hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am hoping to get a hemorrhoidectomy soon for thrombosed external hemorrhoids and wondered how long those of you who had the operation waited to have sex again? I am female. Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It will be 2 weeks tomorrow post op for me and I will need to wait at least 2 more weeks I am sure.  The swelling down there has been bad. 
    • Posted

Out of interest, when you leave the hospital after this op, does the surgeon put a bandage over the stitches? Is the area covered until it heals? Thank you
    • Posted

Where my haemorrhoids where that bad, I was partially prolapsed, So by the time they removed them, all the stitches were internal so no need for a bandage. 

I was stuffed with gauze when I came around from the op and I made the nurse on recovery ward pull it out. No way in hell would I have be able to pass it like they wanted me to. 

• Edited

My husband and I just had intercourse after 35 days... Taking it slow and it will be according to how you are feeling...
  • Edited

I hadn’t my surgery in March and I waited 6 weeks as I was so swollen and tender I thought the friction would be awful but I’m glad I waited. Also you have dissolvable stitches and open wounds I had 4 external removed and really severe internal mine were so bad I had 5 blood transfusions as lost so much blood with them and ended up on tramadol prior to my op for the pain. You do end up very swollen in between your vagina but honestly there’s no right or wrong time limit you would know yourself if you are ready x
  • Edited

Well.. sex will probably be the last thing on your mind post op. 

Recovery for me from this op was hellish! I think it was 2 weeks before I even left the house. 

I’d say at least 4-6 weeks before you contemplate nookie again. 

I suffered complications from the surgery and ended up with anal stenosis so not being able to poop and forever feeling clogged up and sore from trying to poop completely put me off sex. 

• Posted

i ended up with stenosis too. did yours ever get corrected?

• Posted

Has anyone that had a hemorrhoidectomy still have bleeding?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.