Sex after op

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had  posterior repair  21 Oct 2017 and I finding sex nearly impossible, so painful feels so tight , thinking of going to check out with doctor, 😳

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margaret, I had surgery May 8/17 and was not allowed to have sex for 12 weeks. Like you it was extremely painful and unsuccessful. It has taken many months but with perseverance and a very understanding husband whose very gentle, lots of lubricant, we are now good. Try to be patient and really let everything heal. I'm sure you will be able to enjoy yourselves in time? It's a big surgery and everyone heals differently.

take care,

Pam

• Posted

Hi Margaret, I had my surgery same week as you on the 18 October, posterior, anterior repairs and sacrospinous fixation. I am too sore to attempt intercourse at present and consultant said not to try until checked again at 12 weeks which would be next week. But I am not a lot further forward in terms of the thinness and soreness of the skin at the entrance, no idea what is going on inside so intercourse will be off the agenda for a while longer. I do have the occasional orgasm though when in the mood, just to check everything still 'works' and I figure it helps with circulation, good for pelvic floor exercises etc. and  helps me feel a bit more like a woman rather than a patient in recovery or a list of symptoms..... But no penetration for me for a while yet, husband is being patient so far. You are not alone in it taking longer than the magic 6 weeks that I had been advised pre surgery. Hopefully just another month or so and we will be starting to feel we can have and enjoy a full sex life again. X

• Posted

I asked Margaret a question which was directed to you. You said yours was unsuccessful. How was it unsuccessful? ? I need a posterior and perineum repair. I am 54 years old and afraid that I could end up in worse condition that I am in now. I here good and bad about these procedures
  • Posted

Margaret~

Yours was unsuccessful??? Did the rectocele return right away??? Sorry to hear this😒. Happy you are able to move on with it. I am 54 years old and need a posterior and perineum repair. Any recommendations? ??

• Posted

Sorry Margaret. I asked you a question meant for someone else. Prayers for full recovery.
    • Posted

My understanding of Margaret's post was that sex was unsuccessful rather than the rectocele. 

• Posted

Hi

I had surgery, anterior and posterior repair, vaginal hysterectomy and sacrospinous fixation on May 4th 2017. 

I was advised to wait twelve weeks before having sex, I thought surely it'll be OK before then!

It's now eight months since my surgery and intercourse is only just becoming possible. Initially it was so tight it was impossible, then it was really painful deep inside; possible granulation. I was prescribed Ovestin and hopefully all is now on the mend.

We have to be patient and allow our bodies to heal, my stitches were all internal so couldn't be seen. It's a long old haul. 

Good luck to all. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.