Sex - anterior and posterior repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

32 year old.

3 weeks post op and all i can think about is sex. Literally been having wet dreams and ALL like a teenager!

i know nothing can go inside but is it okay to have an orgasm?

am i the only one feeling great and wanting sex?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I'm 35 and have to admit I am totally feeling the same way. I've hit the 6 week mark and I dont know if its the new confidence because everything feels normal again and its been a long time!! 4 kids later my rectocele was bad. however badly i do want to have sex, I'm just as terrified.

i dont see how an orgasm will do anything bc everything shifts as usual during cycles. its more not disturbing stitches. you still have them bc i did 3 weeks ago.

youre half way there!!!

• Posted

Thank god I'm not the only one. I'm so relieved! I think I'm excited too about that same thing. I finally feel like things look normal and hopefully feel normal and excited to see!

i wonder if anyone else had had a good experience after this procedure?

• Posted

i go monday for my 6 week check up and its on my list of questions. my doctor is having me do premarin cream for a lingering scar tissue. everything feels closed up and shockingly good! but we'll see. fingers crossed.

• Posted

ive been so emotional. i think because i want to try things out and maybe because im in my prime as well but i just feel like my boyfriend isnt wanting me and hasnt wanted me to perform oral as much as i want him to want it.

i think really he is scared im in more pain then i am so he is just being good and lettinf me rest.

• Posted

yes my husband has been very stand off as well. mostly because he knows what was done was nit most ideal. i think it takes a strong relationship to go through this. we've been married for 10 years and didnt tell him fully until they were about to wheel me off to the operating room. thats how embarrassed i was. i need to know if everything is how its supposed to be. the next 3 weeks will go quickly. ill let you know what my doctor tells me monday.

• Posted

ive only had two kids but mine was so extreme. my boyfriend didnt know me before my kids though so to him its all he knew and while he said everything felt okay to him, it didnt to me at all! it was absolutely depressing. im so hopeful that this has helped as far as tightening but also for everything else!

keep up updated!

• Posted

So I went to my 6 week follow up Monday. He said everything is all healed and go back as usual. We did take the plunge rather immediately lol and I was scared, but it was not anything scary. I felt no discomfort and I noticed a huge difference. My husband also said he noticed a difference. Confidence, less discomfort, and more sensation. So you're almost there!!!

• Posted

I am at about 13 weeks from surgery and I have not had sex yet. At 3 weeks I attempted masturbation successfully using coconut oil. You are in your prime, so of course you want that sooner than most. Just be careful as there is still a lot of healing still going on down there.

• Posted

i for sure wont be having anything go inside! even if it didnt hurt im too scared to even try!

have you tried normal sex yet? if so can you tell a difference?

• Posted

I'm about 15 weeks out, and I still have some soreness near the vaginal incision. The physical therapist thinks it tight around the incision spot. She encouraged sex and/or a dilator set to get the incision spot to release. She recommended the Laura Berman dilator. I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but I thought I'd share as I'm having some discomfort with sex. Lots of lubrication helps.

• Posted

no i want all the information i can get! feel free to tell all!

so does your partner say he can feel a difference?

• Posted

No, he doesn't report a difference. I don't think he even knows where the incision is located.

• Posted

hi

good job you are feeling sexy again however I'd wait till yiur check up so you have the green light all is healing.

I'm a bit nervous on the thought of clitorus stimulation as the whole of the pelvic floor muscles contract and that's not the idea after just 3 weeks.

speak to your consultant as he is the only one who can give you the answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.