Sex Drive

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 52, get a fairly regular period with some hot flashes and night sweats, blood tests show I'm in perimenopause. I've been shocked by how, ahem, "willing" I've been of late. My body suddenly seems foreign to me and is responding in ways it never has before. Don't want to give TMI, but it's quite an extreme change for me, and quite exciting given I have a very interested, ahem, high-performing hubby.

Is anyone else experiencing this type of change? 5 years ago I had the opposite problem and was worried about it getting worse with age.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HIya all i can say is good on ya i started perimenopause when i was 39 .....just did 12 months no period great feel lot better .....now then couldnt stand my hubby near me when i started only just getting sex drive back but still want to sleep alone because in that time he looks like a potbelly pig lost all his hair smokes and is so not nice looking anymore buttttt.....he has stood by me put up with the rants had sex with me twice a year and tells me he loves me every day works very hard ,....has chemo 4 times a year for kidney problems and thats what makes me love him more bless him ,keep up the good work and enjoy x

• Posted

Yes, when I was in my late forties and early fifties(I had a serious significant other at the time) not to be crass but we were like Jack rabbits.🤣🤣🤣 I wanted it all the time. He was three years older but he was always ready too.

Even after my period ceased at 51 my sex drive remained in high until I was about 55.

• Posted

Rhonda,

Yes, I can relate. When I was about 52 my sex drive seemed to increase. Problem for me was after my periods ended my sex drive was still there but sadly after losing most of our good hormones after those periods end, so did my lubrication. That is a hard thing when your mind is right but your body is not producing the necessary ingredients that make it all work. My sensitivity decreased as well along with not getting my climaxes. So enjoy this period while it is there. My husband and I still have a fulfilling sex life. I'm 59 and my husband is 66. We are both on hormone replacement ( pellets ). This is how we have kept things alive and working properly.

• Posted

Interesting! It's really important to us that we maintain this part of our relationship - we both stay fit and spend lots of quality time together so it IS a priority. I'd previously had issues with lower drive (4 kids and a career takes a lot out of a gal!) - I'm thinking I just got lucky with the hormones but also we are starting to plan for retirement and have one last kid at home, so that probably contributes. I wish i could share a little of this around with all the ladies who aren't "Feelin it".

• Posted

Rhonda,

I hear you. I feel it is a very important piece to keep in a relationship. We had three kids, I understand that too. When our last one left the nest, my husband took it harder than me really. He wondered, what are we suppose to do now, our life is over. I told him its just starting for us again, we have a lot of living to do. Now we totally enjoy our freedom of being alone. That has brought a whole new life, spark to our love life as well. I think it brings much happiness to life to keep that intimacy alive and I really believe it keeps us healthier in a long run too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.