Sex headache or something more serious?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Yesterday my husband and I were having sex and upon climax I suffered a sudden intense headache across my forehead. The initial burst of pain subsided after about thirty seconds and faded into a dull, barely-there pain. It was not the worst headache of my life, but it was still fairly painful and I've also never experienced anything like this before. A cursory google search indicated this was probably just a 'sex headache', and I've been headache-prone my entire life as well as dealing with migraines since I was 15 (28 now). Last winter I had an event while at a stoplight where my brain and vision felt like they were rattling from side to side and I thought I might pass out, though I was lucid the entire time. My best friend who is epileptic says it sounds similar to a seizure she's had before. I'm setting up an appointment with a doctor right now, but I'm beginning to worry that this is serious and not just anxiety, which I do have a significant problem with. Please help 😦

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Luna,

Any updates? hows your condition? What did your doc say?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.