Sex impossible

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone I am new to this forum but I would like to ask if anyone can give advice about my menapausal symptoms.  Mainly total lack of interest in sex and horrible vaginal dryness.  Sex is more or less impossible now. I am 53 but have not had a period since I was 38.  I had a marena coil fitted then and had blamed that for my lack of period.  Other than that I had no symptoms.  I had the coil removed when I was about 45 and - no period.  I  should have sought advice sooner but as I was symptom free and I didn't bother. I was also not in a relationship so sex was not an issue but now I realise my libido is zero and my ahem - lady bits - are like a desert, I realise that sex is no go and that thought makes me very sad.  I feel I am still young and active.  I really feel I have been dumped on the scrapheap big time. Does anyone have any advice on increasing libido and also suggestions for either eostrogen cream or lubricants that might help. Can you use eostrogen cream long term? Please help!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi lakkydye im same had total hyster 2 years ago have not had sexy time since im married the thought of it irrutates me x
    • Posted

Thanks Bev, I hope it doesn't bother you too much x
  • Posted

The best thing I've tried is HRT plus testosterone.

Before I went on it I found using coconut oil down there helped a lot. I think some ladies said a product called Sylk is good.

Before I started HRT I tried several things for libido. Horny goat weed worked for a while I still take tribulus tetris. You could also try maca but do some research first as you need to use a certain type (I think it's gelatinized) or it can cause stomach problems.

• Posted

Ask your doctor to prescribe vagifem pessaries. After a few weeks of continued usage you then use them twice a week. They've worked a treat for me. My hubby used to think I was moaning with pleasure, when I was actually moaning with pain lol! I'm 57 and started with menopause symptoms in 2009. Out of list of 66 symptoms I'm sure I've had/got 60 of them lol! Every day brings something else.......but at least I'm not pregnant. Who'd be a woman!
    • Posted

Thanks Pam it really sounds like you have done the rounds with the symptoms.  I am really surprised that this vaginal atrophy and zero sex drive is my only symptom. I didn't suffer with sweats and mood swings so I should be thankful for that. 

I will see about vagifem. I am back on the dating circuit so need to be prepared! Help! :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.