Sex Life

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone!

Id love to hear of your experiences with HS and how you deal with it in your sex life during dating more than one person or starting a relationship.

When i was in a relationship, it took time for me to tell my significant other because i felt ashamed and embarassed that he would see my scars and that my skin wasnt pretty looking.

Im newly single & 24 years old so i want to have fun, but I have to go through that awkward phase of having to explain HS and/or make excuses because of a boil 😕

Thank you in advance for sharing!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Ella,

I am 32 but first got HS when I was just 12 years old. A mix of being shy and scared I never told my parents. I suffered so long in the dark and by the time I was in my early 20s it was at its worst! I feared dating yet wanted it so much! I dreaded having to tell a guy I was into about it. Because of that I didn’t get close to anyone until my late 20s. I started going to doctors around age 22 but I never got clear answers as I don’t think even they knew much about it. Nothing they prescribed ever worked. I remember telling one guy about it and he didn’t really say much. But that relationship didn’t even last. I prayed prayed prayed that my HS would go away! I wanted marriage and kids but didn’t want my future husband to be weirded out. Anyway because doctors didn’t really help I did my own research where I learned this really is an autoimmune disorder. I read about so many people discovering dairy or nightshades as triggers. I did a year off dairy and nothing. I remember one night it just hit me. I had a gut feeling it was sugar. I don’t know how to explain it but the minute I stopped eating it period. Nothing that contains refined sugar all boils stopped! And less than 2 years later I met my husband! I was so scared to tell him about my HS but he was so understanding it blew me away! He keeps strong and is so understanding about not being able to have sugar. If I accidentally eat something that has sugar most likely I’ll get a boil again. But he isn’t bothered by them. And now we are expecting a baby! Best advice is to be honest and if they leave then their loss! there are really awesome guys out there who will be totally accepting!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.