Sex? What's that?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Seriously, between constantly bleeding, mood swings and wanting to kill my other half because he's done something unforgivable (like leaving a tea towel in the wrong place), my relationship is in danger of falling apart.

I met my other half last year and couldn't keep my hands off him. At 42 I never thought I would meet anyone. The first 6 months were amazing, it was a whirlwind of fun, we moved in together, went on amazing holiday's, meals out and had the best time ever.  

Then peri-menopause hit me. And hit hard.  I'm constantly bleeding, I feel horrendous, I'm angry all of the time, tired and feel totally un-feminine.  

I am so fed up. Even on the (odd) day that I'm not bleeding, I don't feel like sex (I don't feel like getting up in the morning, let alone anything energetic). And when I do try, I'm constantly worried about either flooding or having a hot sweat.

I'm horrified that this is happening to me and I feel cheated. This should be the best time of my life and I've been robbed by my hormones.

I also have fibroids and the consultant wants to 'wait and see'. 

I'm totally sick of this. I'm 43 and I feel like an 80 year old. I've had enough!!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there sounds like you are suffering badly, I feel for you! have you tried alternative meds, i.e. starflower it takes the edge off of all these symptoms for me. My pal had fibroids and the doctor wanted her to "just wait and see" but she insisted on total hysterectomy which sounded harsh but she feels at least she knew what was coming and could handle it more than what she had. I wouldn't just settle for "wait and see". 
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.  I have had similar struggles for the last few years and remember saying to a counsellor that my husband hadn't seen the best of me.

after some time I feel I have come out the other side. I still have the physical symptoms, although I believe I am peri menopause so still haven't had got flushes, mentally I am stronger, so everything seems better.

Please be patient and hopefully soon you will be less,angry and more accepting of the symptoms.

accupuncture has helped me greatly.

thinking of you and sending good vibes!  X

• Posted

Hi there, I just wanted to say, I do relate. I am single now and I feel that I have nothing to give anyone right now, so I plan to stay single.

Hon, if you are bleeding all the time, you are probably anemic, make sure of your iron count. It makes a big difference to my mood when I am anemic.

Also, it's not necessary for you to put up with constant bleeding. You could try The Pill, or have an oblation, where they burn off the inner layer of your uterus. You might not have periods after that.

I've had bad and indifferent doctors, and I would keep looking for a better one, with better solutions. Your situation just sounds like TOO MUCH, and it was like that for me before I started questing for solutions. YOU GO GIRL!!

• Posted

It's a very very moody time dear.  It's like PMS 24/7.  I now take B75 Complex Vitamin good for moods.  Calms the system down.  It helped me big time. I have heard about Menopace that ladies are trying.  Give it a Google as it's an interesting read.  It'll be over soon...be positive.  xo (excercise/drink water)
  • Posted

I went to the costors and he prescribed tranexamic they helped me tremendously with the blood loss ..... Not the rest I'm afraid and I can really relate to the other feelings - Not sure my relationship will survive this - No one should have to live with us like this we would be better being on an Island with each other frown
  • Posted

Hi e

For the sake of your relationship, which is quite new-ish (well to me, who's been married for 32yrs!!) I'd go back to the 'waiting' Consultant and tellhim/ her to get their finger out and referget you sorted! 

I know exactly what you mean about the 'constant bleeding' element:  totally unsexy, and thanks to spotting I never really felt 'clean'. 

My sister had fibroids and excessive bleeding.  She had a procedure called a Uterine Ablation:  scorches off the lining of the uterus.  Her's was successful, and resulted in no more bleeding. She then went into Peri with no periods.

this op has its risks of course, and if its not successful can result in a hysterectomy being an option. But it might be worth a mention to your Consultant as I believe this is a fairly common, routine procedure now for this condition.

I'm 54, got 11yrs on you, but completely share the same 'age' as you most days:  I too feel 80, if not 90 on a particularly achy daylol!!

Sx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.