Sex with endometriosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know that sex is painful at times. But has anyone had their pain go away after sex?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly. I don’t have a for sure diagnosis but my drs are confident in their opinions(no lap yet) I have had pain during sex for months and for me the pain never ends. My drs think I have severe endo because I have a large(softball sized) mass. Depending on your diagnosis the pain may go away. Some women never have pain and don’t get diagnosed until they are pregnant. It all depends on your case and the severity. I wish you luck on this difficult journey. Don’t give up hope!!
  • Posted

I am not sure what you mean: That sex might end all the pain? That pain with sex ends shortly after the sex ends? Or something else? Sex wasn't painful for me until after total hysterectomy but that pain went away after about 8 months. My problem was all the other endo agony.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.