Sextual obsession in OCD

Posted , 3 users are following.

Any one knows about this type of ocd??just found i have this problem,when i was a teenager i had fear a being attracted to parents or relatives but in dat time i couldnt understand why im like dat dat story disappeard after a while,and i think its back again fear of cheating on my bf is killing,i know i wont cheat on him,but i have some unwanted thoughts they are just thoughts but they make me feel shame,i blame myself why i should think like dat,today when i was in public place then thing what if i attracted to this person,i realy dont know where are these thoughts are coming from,they apear suddenly,but still im not sure its about ocd thing,i dont want loose my bf,i did nothing but just becuse of my thoughts i feel guilty,i feel i cheated on my bf, i need to talk to him i will feel relief but what if he will be mad on me feeling of being guilty is killing,i dont know what should i do its ruining my relationship

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi anahita,

If you feel like the ocd is getting out of hand it would be a good idea to look into getting therapy and possibly medication. Medication can help a lot to slow down intrusive thoughts and gives you a clearer head to sort through your thoughts easier. Therapy can be extremely helpful too.

If you want to talk to your boyfriend about it just be sure he fully understands that you have OCD and this doesn't reflect on your true feelings at all. People without ocd can have a lot of trouble understanding the ocd mind state but your boyfriend could be the understanding type. You'd be the best person to judge if you should share it with him or not. Maybe you'll feel more comfortable telling him about it once you feel like you're making progress in your recovery.

• Posted

Hi aquin,im on meds again,not sure it will work,im just thinking about dat how should i talk to him,these thoughts are racing in my mind whole day
    • Posted

How long have you been taking them? They might still need time to kick in properly. So sorry to hear about your racing thoughts.. i totally understand how debilitating it is, when you just want to think about something else for once. It's so hard, but it will get better. You could see a psychologist too.. they can help reassure that what you're going through is normal and give you some tips on how to handle the thoughts and what to do about the situation with your boyfriend.

• Posted

Sorry i didnt get notification from this post,i just saw it accidentaly,i dont take meds for now,i like to take them they will make me feel better,but im worried about sideeffects so after a short time i quit,i still didnt talk about dat to my bf,i just said i should tell u sth but i dont know how to tell you,he is still waiting,my ocd thought is not like a few month ago but it stil bothers me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.