Sexual Activity After Vasectomy Reversal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a vasectomy reversal 8 days ago. The doctor told me no sexual activity for 2 weeks. I made it 5 days before I had sex with my wife but did not reach orgasm for fear of messing something up. We again had sex this morning but again did not allow myself to reach orgasm. Now I have a pretty decent amount of pain that feels similar to being kicked in the balls. There is a noticeable and painful lump above my left testicle. I'm thinking it could be a case of "blue balls" but am not sure if I could have done something to cause damage by being "sexually active" prior to two weeks post surgery.

Does anyone know if you can do damage even if you don't ejaculate? My assumption was that having an orgasm is what the Dr wanted you to refrain from and that as long as I didn't reach that point, I'd be safe. In my opinion, having sex without orgasm wouldn't be any different from getting an erection randomly during the day - but maybe that was just the excuse I used to have sex!

Any advice on this is appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

no offense but i mean... if the doctor said refrain from sex for 2 weeks its because were supposed to refrain from sex... for 2 weeks. they dont give instructions for no reason so im not entirely sure why you would-... anyway, you should go back to the doctor and see what he says.

• Posted

Thank you, Rachel, for that insightful comment. But maybe I should have made my post more clear - I'm seeking advice from other MEN who have had reversals to see what their experience was and what the consequences were from early sexual activity. I certainly didn't need to post on here to learn that I should address my specific issue with the doctor.

Now if you are a man named Rachel, please forgive the false assumption. However, my point still stands that I'm looking for advice from someone who has been through this before not condescension for what was clearly a poor (albeit pleasurable) choice.

• Posted

Although I do agree with Rachel, we are here to help each other and not to pass judgement of what you should or should not have done. Unfortunately, I am not who you are requesting insight from but I'll make comment anyway. I would say they advised not to have sex due to testicular movement, risk of rupture, infection and increased pain. If you are in a significant amount of pain, I would suggest seeing your doctor just so they can make sure you haven't done any damage.

• Posted

lol im just saying... not to sound judgy. i for one think asking for advice online is pointless. you didn't follow your doctor's instructions whatsoever. so call him and see what can be done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.