Sexual Activity After Vasectomy Reversal

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had a vasectomy reversal 8 days ago. The doctor told me no sexual activity for 2 weeks. I made it 5 days before I had sex with my wife but did not reach orgasm for fear of messing something up. We again had sex this morning but again did not allow myself to reach orgasm. Now I have a pretty decent amount of pain that feels similar to being kicked in the balls. There is a noticeable and painful lump above my left testicle. I'm thinking it could be a case of "blue balls" but am not sure if I could have done something to cause damage by being "sexually active" prior to two weeks post surgery.

Does anyone know if you can do damage even if you don't ejaculate? My assumption was that having an orgasm is what the Dr wanted you to refrain from and that as long as I didn't reach that point, I'd be safe. In my opinion, having sex without orgasm wouldn't be any different from getting an erection randomly during the day - but maybe that was just the excuse I used to have sex!

Any advice on this is appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.