SGOT elevated

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had prostate surgery and now my liver enzyme SGOT is elevated. I do alot of running and weightlifting, but I am thinking could there be a relationship between extreme running and weightlifiting and SGOT .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

AST maybe elevated from diet or alcohol .... nothing to do with exercise... or prostate.
    • Posted

Well than something is wrong, because all I do is eat raw celery,tomatoes cucumbers ,onions and garlic, No meat, Little fish no booze, no salt. little bit yogourt.
  • Posted

I'm sorry but what's SGOT haha not got a clue,and I don't do running or weightlifting but I wonder about hernias, only because a friend once had a hernia and I remember him saying about blood tests and enzymes but I really can't be sure.

But maybe a GP and further blood tests would be your best bet to put your mind at rest.

Sorry I cant be of a lot of help to you but good luck.

• Posted

Hi Mark2392  I just had the same happen to me after surgery on my prostrate.  They went out the roof but I did notice that my liver was awful tender after the surgery for about 4 days which may be an indicator that an infection was there after.  Which is why my Doctor ordered the tests  no infection was found and the mystery is on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.