Shadow-like anomalies in peripheral vision

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I am a male, 23 and I' ve noticed quite a strange thing about my vision. First of all, i should mention that i do feel migraine-like aches above/behind my eyes on occasions. Not everyday, but certainly often enough. I have also recently developed a PVD along with some floaters, went to check my eyes, ophtomologist couldn't find any sign of retinal detachment or anything similar and said that my ocular pressure is perfect.

BUT - the strange thing that i experienced maybe around six months ago or so is that strange phosphene-like shadow thing in both my eyes, maybe a bit more pronounced on the left one. Its pretty much the same thing as if you pushed an eye with your finger and seeing that shadow, but it also became apparent when lifting my head all the way up and looking above and even a bit further (as if you'd wanna throw a ball above your head and looking back) I see bow-like shadow right down in my peripheral vision like two black half-circles with a bright shadow around it, again - like a phosphene. It is also apparent when my sight is fixed on something and i start quickly rotating my head. I see it on the sides, as well like shadowy dots.

I should also mention that i suffer from a bit lower blood pressure than normal, but not significantly. Around 55 bpm. Could it be due to a low pressure or something else? I would really appreciate if someone knew what that thing i described could be, i can even try to draw a picture of what it looks like and send it to you.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have pvds in both eyes,i get all sorts of wierd symptoms.
  • Posted

all these may be related to PVD. and regular check of retina is important for early or sometimes preventive laser treatment of any degenerative changes especially at the peripheral retina.
  • Posted

Have you gone to your primary doctor? My husband has gotten eye migraines and saw some shadowy thing.
  • Posted

any update i have the same problem, i went to 3 ophtalmos and they dont know wut it is

can you tell me if u still see this shadows !?

• Posted

I am replying to you and I hope you have already been back to your ophthalmologists.

What you are describing could be a retinal detachment but the fact it is in both eyes means it could just be a type of migraine or it could be the vitreous creating this effect (if you have PVD in both eyes). To be safe I would recommend going back to your ophthalmologist immediately to be checked out.

Hope it is all okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.