shadowy area in both eyes - not a floater -what is that?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello , i have been so depressed lately with a lot of anxiety too .. and one day when looking upwards i noticed a shadowy area that gets bigger when i look up or extreme right or left

I have had it for a month now and it's not going away

It is blueish in dimmer lights and sometimes greenish or brownish in room lights

In the left eye i see a greenish strand within the blue dark spot

It's not there unless i move my eyes up ,to the left or to the right

I try to ignore it but it freaks me out each time i turn to to talk to someone and i see it

Do you by any chance have any idea what is that ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had this for almost 10 years. When i look to the right or left or when i hold my vision and slowly move my head downwards I see it in the center of my vision. If I'm in a very dark room (almost black) I will see the circles too- they look blue or green. For me they are the exact same in each eye and started two weeks after my first migraine with aura. Doctors never found anything wrong and i still have it. Luckily it has stayed the same all these years.

Did you go to the opthamologist for an eye exam? If not, you should just in case.

• Posted

Exactly when i look up .and then... move my head down i see it in both eyes . I have had mine for about 2 month now ... i went to my eyes doctor yesterday . He said he doesn't see anything bad .. then i guess it is something we shall accept right ??... he didn't understand what it was

• Posted

they dont know what it is. I seen many doctors and they have no answers. It will most likely stay and not go away, but just try to ignore it. You'll get used to it.

I got a migraine with aura and mine started 2 weeks later. Thats the only thing i can think of. Also because its the exact same in both eyes. Do you get migraine with aura?

• Posted

I get that ocular migraines that causes a disturbance in my vision which increases with heartbeats ..

I think it has to do with the migraine also

But as long as it seems to be harmless i think we shall ignore it as you said above

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.