shaking after eating food

Posted , 6 users are following.

hope someone can help with this,just recently after being down once again at my local a & e with chronic pancreatic pain ive started to experience a kind of shaking,slight tremor like feeling after eating food,ive had this before but only now and again but its happening nearly all the time now when ive eaten and its begining to worry me,i dont drink any alcohol at all,i dont smoke and im eating all the foods suggested by my dietician,fruit,less fatty foods,veg,cereals,milk and dairy products,im taking creon as instructed by my gastro consultant,so all in all im doing as instructed by all concerned,is this shaking,tremor feeling something anyone out there has any advice  as my g.p,gastro consultant etc and dietician really dont seem to know what to be able to do about it and im at my wits end trying to get them to listen to what im trying to explain to them,if anyone knows or has heard about this it would be very helpful to me to get advice or information about this,its very uncomfortable especially sitting or lying down(being stood seems to for some unknown reason to me ease the shaking,tremor feeling)and can last for quite a long while,on some occasions quite a few hours,please if anyones experienced this or knows or has heard about this very uncomfortable,worrying symptom any help,information or advice would be immensely appreciated as im now worried whenever i eat as i know soon its going to start again.many thanks to anyone that may be able to help somehow.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Did you get chronic pancreatitis or acute? How long ago was youre acute episode? Or when where you diagnosed with chronic? Its kinda gard to give you advise when you didnt specify clearly
    • Posted

Hi Henry, see my post to fenty. If you can shed any light on anything I've mentioned I'd be really grateful

• Posted

Hi Henry,chronic pancreaitis was diagnosed,I've had less severe episodes over the past 4 years or so but this was the worst I've had to endure and from start to finish and was in hospital for over a week,but this shaking,tremor feeling seems as though it's coming from my right side abdominal area especially around my pancreas area,I'm eating all as advised,taking all meds as instructed so I'm at a loss as to what's happening,I'm also worried as my weight loss is so noticeable,yet I eat well,I've had stool samples to test for any bowel infection that came back negative,I was given the all clear 3 Years ago after successful treatment for prostate cancer and have been reassured it's nothing to do with this,so I'm hoping someone may know something about this as my medical people just don't seem at the moment to have an answer for me,the shaking,tremor feeling doesn't hurt but it's so uncomfortable and stops me from being able to rest and sleep until it subsides.any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
  • Posted

Hi, in reply to your post, I don't think I can be much help, but hearing what you say about the shaking. My dad has had pancreatitis for 13 years, caused by an error whilst undergoing a endoscopy. 

Mind you he's coming up for 88 now. He really is very poorly, heart, kidney, diabetes etc, but recently we've noticed him shaking. We put it down to age, but from what you say it's maybe to do with what he's eating. I was also interested to see the foods you avoid. No one has ever told him not to eat any of these. He doesn't follow a diabetic diet although he's type 1 , because the consultant say because he's loosing so much weight, he should be eating everything he can to bulk him up. But looking at what you avoid, this could be the cause of his severe diarrhoea . Any thoughts anyone 

• Posted

Hi fenty,my name is Anne.!

About six weeks ago I had acute pancreatic pain,it was in the night ,I am alone and it was scary and alarming,I didn't wasn't to ring the ambulance,as it ment leaving my two dogs,and also I couldn't stand being admitted in hospital and spending 3 days on a drip and being observed and starved!

So I took buscapan and painkillers and somehow got through the night.

Since then six weeks ago IV been for two appointments with my g.p and had a scan today which showed no blockage in my bile duck.

I have the shakes regular after eating,IV been on smoothies and liquidized food eversince!.

I always feel I have low blood sugar as I shake regularly.

I thought it was something to do with my condition of.m.e.and fibromyalgia.I feel like im going to pass out with it I feel so weak!I.I hope this gives you some comfort to know I suffer from it to!But no.one seems to listen!.I just feel so ill,but it doesn't show on my face,I to have lost weight,I am a vegetarian and dont eat dairy either,is this a bad thing!Hope this helps my regards!ANNE.XXX

• Posted

Thanks Ann,I'm not going to say it helps that someone else gets this as I wouldn't want it happening to anybody else,so I'm very sorry to hear it happens to you,like you my bile duct,gall bladder was deemed to all be ok but I did go into hospital due to the extreme pain and left feeling loads better,but I was left feeling ,even after all this,even though they're aware of my medical problems,that I had imagined this,but that's another story,you've mentioned something that's been on my mind for a while and that's liquidising my foods,I'm going to give it a go,can you tell me Ann has it stopped the shaking and made things easier for you,many thanks for telling me your story,very,very much appreciated.
  • Posted

Hi fenty and Anne 

i doo feel so sorry for you both. It's my father who has the pancreatic problems, and whilst he's 87, and has several other issues, the pancreatitis is what causes him the most discomfort. But as you say, it's almost like you go into hospital, have the scans etc, and once they've agreed there's no infection, they just send you home. The phrase I used was that they appeared to 'wash their hands of him' .

one thing that I've learnt from you guys is that he shouldn't be eating dairy products! No one has ever told him that. Hence daily bouts of diarrhoea sometimes three times! he loves his porridge! Loads of milk and cream! He loves cheese on toast! But in 15 minutes, it's gone straight through.. He has been shaking, but we put it down to his age. I will take on board the blending the food, and give it a go. I do hope you guys can get to grips with this. Have either of you tried herbal remedies. I just think that Creon is so aggressive, and getting the dose right is a problem. You both say you've lost weight. Then maybe your dose needs to be adjusted. When originally prescribed, it's based on three things. Your weight, your food intake and your stools. As you loose weight you need a larger dose. When my father first started taking it ( 13 years ago) he was 14 stone 6 . Now he's less that 10 stone, and they're increasing his dose to 85000 units twice a day, and 55000 twice a day.

check out the dose, but look into herbal as well. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi,

Did you find out what it was? As I've got the same symptoms?

Regards James

• Posted

Hi James,although I've put this to my g.p and gastro team etc,they don't seem to exactly know why I get these shakes,I was told that it could be my pancreas reacting someway to the creon I take with all food,my dietician has suggested that it could be that because I have malabsorbtion and I'm not getting the correct nutrients and also due to problems with my pancreas that this may be a contributing factor to why I get these shakes after eating food of any kind,it really doesn't matter what foods I eat,I will then get this shaking feeling,as of yet no-one has been able to give me a definate answer as to why,but fortunately it's something that's been mentioned to my gastro consultant and his team by other patients he/they see so at least they are aware this is not something myself and other patients are(in their words)imagining and that it is something that does happen,I don't know if this is going to go away,so up to yet we have to put up with it,the thing is,it doesn't hurt or ache or anything,but it's just such an uncomfortable feeling,that it has and still does,keep me awake,hopefully someone will be able to tell us why this happens one day so that we may be able to do/take something that cuts this out,I'm sorry I haven't been able to give you an answer to this,but maybe some g.p or consultant out there might be able to shed light on this for us.all the best to you and should you be able to shed a little light on this from somewhere hopefully in the near future,please don't hesitate to let me know,as will I to you,I've got a gastro appointment soon with a new consultant,I'm going to tell him about this to see if he has any explanation as to why this happens,and maybe he just might be the one to explain why this should happen,I'll have to wait and see.all the best and keep well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.