Shaking/tremor is driving me nuts

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 5 weeks in and lucky enough to have shaken some of my symptoms over the past week, but one that I can't seem to get rid of is this internal tremor - this constant 'buzz' inside, which I mostly feel in my hands and a little bit in my legs.

My doctor says it's probably due to the virus inflaming my thyroid, but I'm not so sure. I'm driving myself nuts thinking of all the bad stuff it could be and wondering if I should see a neurologist. My gut instinct tells me it's just another part of the virus that will take time to go away, but it's really hard to convince my anxiety 😦

Did you have tremor/shake - and if so, how long did it take to go away (if it has)?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh Emma I can only imagine how frustrating that must be dealing with tremor / shaking from the virus - I've read so many people say this is a symptom they have, this virus just really seems to knock your nervous system for six.

Hang in there Emma, you will recover. Not sure if you're taking vitamins or herbs, but there are many that can help settle and soothe the nervous system - a B100 complex vitamin can be great for it. I've also found in recent months cayenne pepper and chamomile to be very soothing too and calming for things. But of course it's always wise to check for any interactions with other conditons / medications before taking vitamins and herbs.

Thinking about you Emma and hoping and praying this awful symptom settles soon - I believe that God is going to heal you and bring you through this. Message any time.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig - your words and advice are always so reassuring! I'd be lost if it weren't for this forum.

• Posted

Thanks Emma - keep remembering that you will get better, and what you're going through is temporary and will pass - I know it's easier said than done. Hang in there!

Craig

• Posted

Hi Emma,

This is one of my symptoms as well. It comes and goes. I typically only notice it when sitting or laying down. I have had a ton of odd symptoms unfortunately. Hope you're feeling okay otherwise 😃

• Posted

Same to you Brittney. The odd symptoms are the ones that worry me the most (and unfortunately they just make the anxiety worse!).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.