Shaking - Tremors

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on sertraline 6 weeks this time round (was on it a year or so ago) & am really suffering with shakes and the feeling of inner shakes. It's driving me mad it has to be the tablets & anxiety as never suffered before. Can anyone relate to this??? I don't want to keep bothering the Gp.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

HI Kate. Yes I can relate to this. I’ve been back on paroxatine for nearly 5wks now and that’s excatly how I feel, shaky , tremors , fast heart beat and tingles in my legs. My legs feel like jelly sometimes and it’s awfull.i don’t the Doctor how bad I am feeling and he said it’s the side effects untill the tablets level out in my system. He said it takes between 6/8 to kick in x
    • Posted

I just can't cope with the tremors I feel like I'm dropping everything but I know I'm not. It's worse when I think about it but that's the anxiety taking over!   

Diagnosed myself with allsorts courtesy of googling symptoms sad 

• Posted

Hi kate im the same getting me down now worse at night can hardly sleep
    • Posted

Hi Lorraine do u feel shaky aswell on ure legs? Is this a normal side effect. Makes you feel like you don’t want to do anything apart from lay downsad x
    • Posted

Debra no just legs plus feel tingly all over this anxiety is a nightmare wot mg you on im 100 doctor said to up it but frightened of side affects how you at night i dont get much sleep with the anxiety
    • Posted

Hi Lorraine I’m back on my old tablets which are paroxatine 20mgs at the min. He did put me up to 30mgs but I couldn’t handle them. I woz on sertraline for 9wks but they didn’t do much. So that’s why I’m bk on my old 1s.but the side effects are awfull. Feeling sick, anxious and shaky. I feel like I’ve lost myself and feeling detached from my luv 1s. The doctor said it’s all down to my anxiety. He said I’ve got to give them time to even put in my system. I av to still take sleeping tablets at night otherwise I wudnt beable to sleep. With my mind racing all the time. I just can’t wait till these tablets start to kick in 😢

• Posted

Debra think all antidepression tablets have these side affects do sleeping tablets get you threw the night which ones do you take
    • Posted

Hi Lorraine I’m on zoplicone 7.5 I get about 6 hours sleep with them. I also take half of 1 through the day cus it helps to relax me x
    • Posted

Debra i have them same dosage only get little sleep with them doctor dont like giving them to me only get week supply how long you been taking them
    • Posted

HI I’ve been taking them about 3months now. But the doctor won’t give them me . I av to buy them off line. I’m still going to take them till my tablets kick in. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to sleep at all xx
    • Posted

Hi Lorraine did u find the tablets on the website? Are these normal feelings that we are experiencing till the ad kick in x
    • Posted

How long Av u been suffering from it? I’ve been like it for a couple of months now. The doctor said it’s due to my anxiety xx
    • Posted

What do you do with ureself all day? Cus it’s just constantly on my mind? Is it ures? Do u liv with any1 xx
    • Posted

Debra i work most days god knows how on lack of sleep i have at night and got a family at home wot about you
    • Posted

OMG  how can you work feeling like u do? I’m not in the right frame of mind to work. I spend most days on my own cus my fella goes to work. It’s so scary feeling like this and when I’m on my own x
    • Posted

I have to force myself have to work if had my way i would just stay in bed day and night yes very scary when on your own i try not to be when not at work your on diffrent meds to me side affects might be diffrent x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.