shaky and jittery--three weeks in on cymbalta

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi--i am about 14 weeks postpartum and have had pretty bad PPA. i was on lexapro during my pregnancy and postpartum for a bit and it just didn't seem to help, even with increased dose. I was on 10 mg-15 mg and had a hard time tolerating the side effects. So--I cross tapered to cymbalta about three weeks ago. started at 20 mg for a week, then 30 mg for a week. i was having bad jitters, so the doc decided to reduce back to 20 mg and add 10 mg of prozac. it didn't go well, so i am back to 30 mg of cym. SIGH. i am SUPER jittery, like hands shaking, feeling internal jitters. could this be from the cymbalta or is it anxiety!? also, have headaches and feel outta it. i was taking it at night and switched to the day and wondering if i should go back to night. 

i really want this to help but i am not sure if i can handle these issues. will they go away? when will i feel the benefits of cym? help! thanks!! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I’m on day 22 of duloxetine and my jitters are easing off and don’t feel “out of it “ so much but have really bad bloating now and still anxious and low with no energy 
    • Posted

yeah, i am super anxious and jittery too. bad bloating? odd. 
  • Posted

My stomach feels like it’s going to explode , feel to uncomfortable 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.