Shaky Muscles

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I have recently been getting Shaky/ jittery muscles. This all started probably a month ago. My muscles in my arm shake when either lift things not all the time but sometimes but they don't have to be heavy things. My neck seems to also shake when I turn my head to a certain point and if I'm lying down and sit up my stomach muscles will start to tremble too. The way I can describe shaking it's like if you're holding a plank position and the muscles start to get tired and you start to shake. Also when I bend down my muscles feel jittery and even my breathing if I have a deep breath sometimes my breathing seems broken? Them yeaterday to too it off i was using my deodrant and when i pressed the top of it my hand that i was usuing was shaking a lot but today it hasnt happend so i have no clue whats goong on! In a previous post I've put about twitching muscles which has subsided a bit but still get the odd random muscle twitch. I have quite bad anxiety at the best of times but surely this can't be down to anxiety??? Sorry for going on about it!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

actually, it can definitely be related to anxiety! I am what you call a veteran of anxiety. I had it starting in childhood and I am now in my 50s. I’ve learned a lot along the way. When I was in my 20s, I suddenly came down with all kinds of‘ sensations that were so scary I thought I had a horrible disease. My arms and legs were weak. And I had a vibration, feeling in my brain, arms, legs., Floaters in my eyes, felt like somebody was sitting on my chest. It was hard to take in air., Ringing in my ear and yes, even when I went to pick up something I felt exactly what you feel !

long story short, all of my testing was normal.

It came down to me, actually figuring out that the long term, anxiety and stress I had for 26 years, took such a toll on my body that my body had a breakdown. It’s like the straw that broke the camels back.

so with you having anxiety, I’m not actually not surprised that is happening. Anxiety takes a toll on the body. I can definitely cause weakness. Anxiety tends to target the nervous system. Which intern, can target the muscles, and make them feel weak. Or even just shaky. But no sensations of anxiety or harmful. I’ve had them on and off for all these years. Mostly only one I was really anxious. So I am still here. Rest your body and avoid caffeine, sugar and junk foods. Stay hydrated. I do hope you feel better soon. Take care.

• Posted

hi thanks for the reply, i have been struggling with Stress/ anxiety for years now. I do need to start watch what im eating, exercise more and try and learn new techniques to combat it. Reading your reply has put me at ease so thanks again really appreciate it. I just need to learn how to relax a lot more amd not worry as much! My job can be quite stressful and do tend to not turn myself off!

• Posted

If there’s one thing, I can tell you from all of my past experience, it’s take care of yourself!!

Take care of yourself, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. I learned that I had to make it my first priority. If we don’t have our health, we don’t have anything.

Get some exercise, routinely, practice anxiety, reducing techniques, get on YouTube and look for some meditations specifically for anxiety. you can also get some virtual counseling if you like. To help manage it.

Also, notice how you breathe when you are working on overload. Is it shallow breathing? That’s when you need to stop and start taking long slow deep breaths, to calm down.

Always remember that we have to put ourselves first. That’s not being selfish.

There is no job that is worth losing our health over. I did the same thing you are doing which is not turning it off and burning myself out. I had to take a leave of absence. After that, I realized that I needed to come first. Even over my job. Worry was my biggest enemy and it can literally make you sick. Then I finally learned that no matter what happens even if I lost my job, something will work out. It’s just not worth it to get sick over worry and stress. Take care of yourself!

• Posted

Hi, interested in the following comment, "even my breathing if I have a deep breath sometimes my breathing seems broken?"

Interested in exactly what you mean by broken? As i may be experiencing something similar myself. Sometimes deep breathing could be jittery/jumpy

But yes, at the core, shaking can be tired/fatigued/tense muscles which can be created through long term anxiety issues

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.