Shaky tremors when hands in motion, really bothering me.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 25, male and have this constant tremor in my hands, and it's been really bothering me lately...

I can't recall when it started, but it's been a while. My dad believes I've mentioned it to him when I was in my early teens... It seems most apparent when I'm using my hands, in some sort of action, especially when holding my fingers in place; or even more obvious in certain positions. I've noticed I can never keep the camera still for ages, when I'm recording a video. My index fingers seem to be the shakiest, especially my left. My hands seem unsteady when I'm holding objects, such as a mug, and the heavier, or tighter my grip is - the worse my hands respond. Upon holding my hands out, I think the tremor is a little more apparent among my entire hand and fingers.

I'm a computer programmer, have been in this field since I was a kid. I have this shooting pain up my arms every once in a while. I don't have any trouble typing. I'm doubtful if that may contribute to it, as this is probably ware and tear on my arms.

I'm terrified to keep researching on my own at this point, being the most popular "tremor" so to speak, is associated with Parkinson's Disease. Worried me at first, but I know that's not quite common in young adults in their twenties; more so in middle aged adults in their 60s and I don't seem to see any signs of a resting tremor.

These are my conclusions:

Could it possibly be Physiologic Tremor or Essential Tremor?

I also read something about Hyperthyroidism, which is common for my age. I also have hair loss around my temple, but I think that's associated with MPB since my younger brother seems to have the same problem. I also have poor posture(scoliosis) and very thin and don't really gain weight. Not to mention, the palms of my hands have always had this sort of reddish tint to them. I don't know if that's a sign though.

If anybody has insight on what I may have, I would really appreciate your input. It would really help me calm down.

Thank you so much for your time.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Living in a family of people with essential tremor I would say you have the beginnings of essential tremor. There is slight chance you may have Parkinson's. I guess the question is what does your neurologist say? The advances in treatment for these diseases is incredible. I've been following the medical news and every two or three years something new comes out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.