Shallow breathing

Posted , 3 users are following.

i get days where i have really bad shallow breathing, i go all day trying to catch my breath. My heart rate is fine my mental status is fine but my breath is not there. has anyone had this or heard of this problem im on zoloft 50mg and 1 mg 3x a day when needed. i see my psych in 4 days but its scaring me???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

mike, i went through THE EXACT SAME thing. i totally freaked myself out. its a side effect, and it WILL GO AWAY as you adjust. it may take a little time, but it will pass. just get through it and it will go away with time

• Posted

im hoping he will up me to 75 mg because my mental problem is gone its just my breathing and anxiety

• Posted

i get this with anxiety a lot. more you think about it worse it gets. try meditation

• Posted

my dr told me to get off them for a couple days because i have been itching and getting hives so he thinks i might be allergic to zoloft

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.