Shallow breathing, anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for the last year and half I’ve experienced shallow breathing off and on. I originally thought it was from being anemic but I got iron infusions almost a year ago and my levels (including ferritin) are normal. I’m on Pentasa for my Crohn’s disease and mostly it seems to help! I just wonder why I still experience a shallow breathing feeling sometimes. Like I can’t get good deep breaths. I assume it’s related to my stomach just because I get a fullness feeling as well. Doctor Tried to say it was anxiety but I don’t believe it. It happens when I don’t feel anxious at all! My anxiety has been much better since being on Pentasa. Anyone else experience this? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello....I was diagnosed with Crohns in January and I am currently on Pentasa Sachets too, awaiting my next course of treatment. But yes I get this too!! I sometimes feel as if my chest is tight and it's hard to take deep breaths...sometimes I even get sharp pains in my chest...my doctor told me the pains can be heartburn from acid reflux which is worsened with the ulcers etc....you're not alone , but my doctor didn't seem massively concerned sooooo

• Posted

Hi, just joined group so you might have found answer elsewhere. I am also on pentasa amongst other medication, however I do get breathless on and off. I attend high impact aerobic classes weekly, normally with no issues. However it might be worth getting tested for Vit B12 deficiency because breathlessness I am issue with this. I'm currently booked for this test and others, but have suffered with this on and off for years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.