Shame there's not a like button...

Posted , 6 users are following.

... Mind you it's an interesting  site - I'm trying so hard, and failing so hard to stop drinking- just signed up to AA and got an appointment with a councillor - how did it come to this?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How did it come to this??? A question we all ask

but you have made positve steps smile

best of luck to you

There are alot of people on here with great advice and even better support smile

• Posted

Thanks Sue - the whole thing about alcoholism is it's a very lonely thing - I've got a lovely wife, family, friends and yet ....... I'm so alone!!
    • Posted

yes it is ..... but in time that will all pass smile

I quit for 3 months and it slowly crept back in now to do it over again .... but I know I can do it and so can you smile

• Posted

Good luck, Michael.  You seem very positive with all the steps you have taken.  Please keep in touch and let us know how it goes.  AA sounds to be a bit like Marmite....you either love it or hate it, so I will be interested to see how it is for you.

Take care and stay strong.

Pat.

• Posted

Thanks Patricia it your comments mean a lot - it's a frustrating thing as I'm not a needy guy and now suddenly I'm in this situation where I am sooo dependent on the Booz 
    • Posted

give it a try!! I never went and stopped on my own since I had too much to loose...you have to hit rock bottom first..but how low is that? U r on the right rack and best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.