Share your success with me please

Posted , 6 users are following.

My days have been filled with non stop ruminating thoughts of not feeling like myself and feeling very detached. It is very distressing and I cannot stand it. This is my 3rd day of my therapeutic dose of 20 mg.

Everything feels weird nothing feels normal. Hard to explain. Maybe it's the anxiety that makes lights seem different and everything so foreign. This last moths has been my first real adventure into anxiety and I'm struggling. Did anyone go through something similar and did the medication help? Thank you kindly

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Also I was on 10 mg for one month and it did not help.
    • Posted

I've just seen this part of your message! So 4 weeks on 10 and 3 days on 20? Still early days and a lot of people have the side effects all over again, including me!  It's crap but try and keep going x

• Posted

Keep in mind every time u increase a dose it's like starting all over again. This is why I feeling like this. Some people get hit hard with a higher does some walk threw it like nothing. Some of us just are so special we need to fight threw it before we see the prize smile

• Posted

I've made it this far, can't stop now. It's just a drag. It feels like life is on hold but I'm trying to keep pushing

• Posted

Hi there, u are experiencing the side effects of the medication. U will get worse before it gets better, just a heads up that your anxiety might highten, sweats, belly upsets etc. This is all normal and will taper off in a few weeks. This medication takes a while to work in your system, so be patient. I have now been on 30 my for 7 weeks 20 before that and started with 10, be being on 7 weeks I still seem to be a bit anxious, and still have the sweaty palms and armpit sweat sorry lol. Just the anxiety seems to be less and less and no more panic attacks. There is light at the end of the tunner just a slow process. What you are feeling right now should pass on the next week or 2 if not days. Just don't give up. The struggle now will pay of later. I was also on these years ago and they changed my whole life around then decided to get off which was the biggest mistake of my life, as everything slowly came back, so I had to start all over. U will be fine after the bad days pass. If u need to vent, chat freak out, I am hear to listen smile best of luck sending positive vibes your way smile

• Posted

Thank you so much for sharing. Seriously it helps. I can't wrap my head around feeling normal again but I will try and trust the process. It is encouraging that you made such progress

• Posted

Just remember we were all in the same boat at one point and struggled with this med. it does go away though, it will be a ruff ride but u wont regret it once it's working. I remember being a few weeks in and having such high anxiety I cried and said I am done with these pills, but pushed threw it and I am much better now still have a bit recovery but I am on my way. When u get to the point where u have had enough time and want to stop just remember u are almost these and few more say and it's gone. Hopefully u won't have to go threw that but if u do don't give up. Every person is different. I also noticed after 3 weeks I was feeling so great for two weeks the I went down again that's completely normal also smile

• Posted

Hi there

ok, everything you are feeling is pretty normal. Its horrible! I've been on it for  nearly 8 weeks and it does get better. The first two weeks for me were absolutely awful, heightened anxiety, panics, no appetite, shaky, you name it. I was given some diazepam to help through that rough stage. You have to give it a few weeks.  I know it sounds like an unbearable amount of time but keep going, There are a lot of people on here willing to help. In fact, I would say that this site saved my sanity, not the doctor who doesn't tell you anything!  Try looking at the 'anyone not had any side effects on citilopram' on here.

Keep posting, you will be fine x

• Posted

I am hoping it settles soon. Either way I have no choice but to go along for the ride. Your experience makes the ride a bit less scary knowing that the detached weird feelings are normal and will subside . Thank you
    • Posted

You're welcome. Like Sanja says, if you need help or just to scream and shout, just come on here, we've all done it x

• Posted

Hi Dan, you will find that most of us have had them side effects I know I did for the first week or 2 bit stick with it as it will get better I'm 8 weeks in and I'm feeling much better you will too

• Posted

Hi Dan,

'it's not a nice feeling and you are not alone. This medication will help you but not straight away. I only took 10 mg , if I did 20mg I would be so tired and totally incapable of doing anything.Taking 10mg just took the edge off me, I just had the feeling of not caring so much and being less sharp...and the feeling that I wasn't quiet myself..but really didn't give a sh-t about things.quite a nice feelings the time. So many things in life can make us anxious and unhappy..the trick is trying to pin point what the problem is, is it the seratonin problem in our brains or are we just in a bad place in our life....bad relationship, not happy with ourselves? God a am always trying to take time out and figure what my problems are!  I think finding this is the key.

i was on citalopram for over 5 years and have only just come off which isn't that easy either. Talk to your doctor and see why he put you on so high a dose....maybe it will suit you you don't know yet as it takes a few weeks to really take affect.

give yourself a hug, don't worry about it and take a day at a time.....life can be sh*tty but if you can pin point as I said to have won the first step....

hope I have helped a bit, always difficult if we are strangers....all the best , Fiona.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.