Shared Medical history on gp app

Posted , 4 users are following.

Trigger

I looked at the shared Medical history on the app for my surgery and it says that twice this has been shared:

eolc.addpatient;

Does anyone know what this means? I tried googling it and apparently the eolc part means 'end of life care!'

I am completely freaking out as to my knowledge I haven't got a terminal illness! I have tried to commit suicide a few times. Could this be it??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had a call from the practice paramedic asking to see me about a care plan. I assumed that this was going to be help for a disability I have. It turned out to be who I wanted medical records shared with and if ill did I want to be treated at home or in hospital when ill and did I want  resuscitation. Nothing about How I manage at home or need any aids.
    • Posted

Oh my Gosh Derek! That is awful! I'm so sorry! It's typical of them not offering support! Have you had an assessment of need with Social Services? They go through your house to see what adaptations, if any, that you need! Good luck with finding support! I rang my doctor's to see what eolc.addpatient meant but the receptionists didn't have a clue!

• Posted

If they come round we would need to tidy up again:-)

• Posted

The whole point is that you keep the house messy so they can see that you are struggling to keep on top of the house work! 😉

• Posted

Good thinking Nicola.

My wife will love that excuse. Her sides of the living room and bedroom are much messier than mine:-) My mess is organised just as my desk was at work. People used to say I don't how you always find things that you need. The cleaner used to ask if I could clear it before going on holiday so that she could give it a good polish.  

• Posted

Hi Nicola,

Don't read everything on Google, 80% of the time it will be wrong. Besides that, you have a personal "filter bubble". 

eloc . addpatient; is server-side code. Not what you stated.

Basically, it means "executable lines of code" . then "addpatient" is a variable to add a patient. In practice it is coding you were not meant to see.

It is nothing to do with your 'End of Life Care'.

Hope that puts your mind at rest,

Regards,

SteV3

• Posted

Oh wow! Phew! Thank you soooo much!!! You have definitely put my mind at ease!! Thank you! I shall stay away from Google in future!

I hope you are well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.