Sharing PR experience (ongoing) week 3

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, 

Firstly I just want to say I've never seeked advice from forums before or even written on one so bare with me but I just had to share my ongoing experience as if it wasn't for you guys posting on this forum, I'd have thrown the towel in by now!!

I came to the forum after having a bit of a break down over this stupid soul destroying rash! Like most I thought the herald patch was ring worm and began treatment for that, but of course nothing happened except I noticed smaller patches across my stomach and under my boobs... I'm sort of in an interesting point in my life (waiting to start a new job, close to ending a relationship etc) so I thought the rash was stress induced and because I've been super run down (too many night outs) and not eating healthy. Obviously I turned to the Internet and convinced myself it was psoriasis but went to my GP to confirm but was told it was PR! I wish I'd had gone straight away t maybe catch it early before it spread but by the sound of things once it's taken hold you've just gotta ride it out!

So I started using head and shoulders shampoo all over my rash and instantly noticed some spots drying out. I have been doing this twice a day and I'm on day 4 of using the shampoo. My rash is noticeably drier and occasionally itchier but more bareable. I started using E45 cream but I've decided to leave it to dry out and just embrace the fact I feel like a lizard! Using head and shoulders isn't the best experience ever and it stings but it's drying them out and I think that's the key to healing quicker. Even though my GP encouraged to keep moisturised,..

Within 4 days of using the shampoo the original spots have flattened, drying up and starting to go white/ fade and the ones I got second are also starting to dry up and flatten too. Unfortunately I've got a couple under my boobs and they're extremely sore as they can't seem to get dry like the others. I have abandoned wearing a bra and clothes when I'm at home to encourage even more drying!

I have also been drinking herbal tea and lots of lemon water to boost my immune system. I've stopped drinking alcohol and also started taking multi vits and extra vit D tablets. I also went on a sun bed today and good lord I am itchy, but again I'm noticing a big difference! 

Lastly I have been taking various over the counter antihistamines for the itch as it is so so annoying, especially at night, and using hydrocortisone cream when it becomes unbearable! 

When you're in a rough patch in life and trying to focus on self love, being covered in this rash isn't the most helpful thing ever. I've never felt less sexy! I believe once you come to terms with the rash and start seeing some healing your outlook becomes more positive and I feel like that in itself Spurs it on.

Ive ordered myself some of the Prreze that everyone keeps talking about but I think if I continue with the head and shoulders routine it'll be gone by the time that gets over from America! I'm still not convinced about the cream, it looks a little dodgy but I can't contest until I've tried it myself! 

Keep your heads up everyone, the end is in sight soon I promise! For 2-3 weeks I thought I was going to have this rash for the rest of my life.... 

Much love xx

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.