Sharing Symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been going through the ENT referral process for a few months now, have had my symptoms for just under a year. I'm yet to me officially diagnosed but have very little doubt given what I have read that I have some kind of vestibular disorder.

I'm currently signed off work because using a computer and keeping a straight posture and eye contact within meetings has become impossible. Lighting, low ceilings and crowds are also huge triggers for me. Oddly in walking in

open spaces feels fine so there's a silver lining.

A lot of what people have wrote on here has made me feel less crazy, less anxious and a little relived so I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced some additional symptoms I have. I've been having sensations in the right side of my head, almost little jolt type feelings (like when you catch yourself about to nod off and catch yourself), these scare me to be honest which then probably leads to me beginning to panic. Sometimes the sensations leave me feeling stiff in my arms and kneel like I'm unable to move. I also feel like I have a constant drooping feeling behind my eye.

-I've just had an MRI on my head and inner ear and they have come back clear.

Any thoughts or observations would be really appreciated. Cheers. Holly

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

U would get a second opinion, most doctors now a day suck at diagnosing patients, it happebed to me twice, so dont lose hope but learn to accept your problem, or Tinnitus, its the firs step for habituation, i think what you are feeling may be part of the anxiety and panic attacks, i have had and suffered anxiety since i was a little kid, now im 44 and still struggle a bit from anxiety but T neats all! Lol...

You are not alone, i suggest you drink a little chamomille tea to relax and learn breathing rechniques to overcome your anxiety, but be vigilant for any other changes, the brain trick us alot when we are scared, relax and try to get massages to relax a bit, God bless you and help you.

• Posted

I don't have the droopy feeling, or the stiffness making me feel like I can't move either. It affects different people in different ways I guess. I suppose the jolts you experience might be from a few crystals at a tiem falls in your inner ear canals (slught BPPV). Have you been tested for that by anyone using the Dix-Hallpike test?

The ENT office should be able to do it, but I actually went to 2 of them that said they don't do it! (How do THEY treat it then?!). Good luck, it's a long process to figure out what's wrong, but you will get there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.