Sharon, 60 stage 4 CKD and end stage decompensated cirrhosis with ascites

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, my name is Sharon, age 60, from Cape Cod Massachusetts

I am a hot mess

I have decompensated end stage cirrhosis with ascites.

I decided not to have a liver transplant. I do not feel confident in my ability to recover from the surgery. It has a lot to do with also having stage 4 CKD. I don't feel confident in doing dialysis because liver disease is killing me, do I want to use what little bit of quality of life I have left in a dialysis center?

THAT is my question

What would you do?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, Sharon. That question is too hard to answer. If someone does not have those illnesses than their perspective will not be the same as yours. There is a lot that goes into that decision. Your family, belief system, financials, health insurance, knowledge of the process, and any alternatives that might exist to in facility dialysis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.