Sharon 95449

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I had my op on right foot 12days ago. The bandages came off on Thursday and the pain is much worse than when I had my left foot done.  It feels like I have a clicking sensation in my toe has anybody else experienced this, worried in case screws or staple had moved. My surgeon said it was highly unlikely but I'm worried sick.

sharon

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Oh I hope this eases for you soon. I had my op 3days ago and it is getting easier each day. I am a bit apprehensive about plaster coming off. Will be interested to hear how you are getting on. 
    • Posted

Hi Christine

im sure you will be fine, I'm just sitting with foot up again it's really getting tiresome now.let me know how you get on

• Posted

I had that clicking sensation as well.  I am 7 weeks post op of a Lapidus Procedure, where they break the top of your bone (foot) for correction.   The first two weeks I had on a surgical soft split (kind of boot) and the twitching of my toes would hurt so bad.  It didn't hurt the screws.  I was happy to be put into a cast after the two weeks though.  That protected my foot much better from the clicking of toes.  I love your doctors choice of words "Highly unlikely of hurting your operation. "  Those were the exact words my surgeon used after I called him after falling on bad foot.  Rest and elavation is your friend!  Hang in there!  You will have a pretty foot soon!
    • Posted

Thank you I am currently resting my foot as much as possible but I am a panicker so hope it improves soon as my left foot was great
    • Posted

Thank you I am currently resting my foot as much as possible but I am a panicker so hope it improves soon as my left foot was great
    • Posted

Hi lovelady

The clicking in my toe has now gone but when I try to flex my toe upwards it feels as though something is blocking it.Did you or anyone else experience this. I'm going to see my consultant on Thursday so hopefully all will be well

• Posted

Sharon how long was it between getting the first foot done and the second one? 
    • Posted

Hi Christine

It was 2 weeks I between. I can't believe how good my first foot is compared to my second

• Posted

Hi Sharon, I had my bunion op back in May and did not experience this.  As you have had one bunion op already you know what to experience.  I would make an appointment with the surgeon to get his opinion and put your mind at ease.

Shirley

• Posted

Hi Shirley

Yes I am going to give it another couple of days and if no better I will make an appointment with him.

Sharon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.