Sharon Clare

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have had severe acid reflux for nearly 10 weeks managed on ppi's ( omeprazole, nexium and lansosaprole - currently on 40mg bd nexium with virtually no benefits so far) had negative gastroscopy and going for ph reflux tests and manometry test in next 2 weeks . Experiencing both gerd and lpr symptoms and mouth symptoms are one of the worst majority of the time .Need help releiving burning mouth when it occurs cannot find any relief at all. I am going to try zverel for oesophagus in the menatime as gavison and similar products burn on the way down?????.I am looking at nissan fundiplication surgery if medical treatment continues to fail but am worried about complications and effectiveness rates eg further problems I do not need. I need full releif from my symptoms to carry out my usually physically actiive day. I am virtually confined to a chair watching daytime tv burning a lot of the time and feel I have got no where at all in the last 10 weeks I was better before treatment on ppi's , not responding to any of them at all enough to continue my normal day. Any advice and suggestions please I am currently self paying at Nuffield and ramsey and am worrying about running out of funds before adequate treatment is processed ,thank you in advance !

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.