Sharp abdominal pain but no diagnosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

For several weeks now I’ve been having very bad stomach pains in all 4 quadrants.. 

I had a CT scan 2 weeks ago which was clear

Since then I’ve been getting very sharp pains behind my belly button and also a bit lower which gets worse when I pee.. 

Would this be appendicitis if it’s been happening for a couple weeks? Could it just be IBS or something small? 

For what it’s worth I’m a 25year old male. I have a looming fear that the PPI I was on for 8 months has caused real damage somewhere but the doc can’t find it.. 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I might think possible bladder problems. If it was appendix you would be nauseous and very sharp pain lower right below hip. I think you need to see a urologist. When urinate and burns sign of bladder infection. So do that ok. Good Luck to you friend.
  • Posted

Have you seen a urologist about this. You could possibly have a bladder infection. Would the CT scan show up a kidney stone?
    • Posted

Don’t be sorry I appreciate the help.. not sure why you have to apologize for posting a reply..
  • Posted

This could be due to gas problems. usually gas issue is the sharpest pain in your belly area
  • Posted

Do you have bowel habit change?  Have you had a urine test?  Has IBS been mentioned?
    • Posted

Yes nothing came up on a urine test, ibs has been mentioned but I can’t imagine that would cause shooting pains in my upper abdomen...
    • Posted

You can get different types of pain just about anywhere on the abdomen with IBS.  I had four different types of pain, dull, deep grinding, sharp stabbing and sore to touch pain.  The pain moved all over my abdomen even into my lower back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.