sharp chest pain, involentary spasms in fingers/toes and more, any advice please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I really would like someone's opinion on this, I apologise for how long it is

My partner has been suffering for a couple of months now, starting with pins and needles in his arms/fingers and toes. Over the past few weeks this has developed into quite painful muscle spasms, sometimes clawing of the hands and also severe chest pain, usually localised to the left and spreading to around his side to a point he has rang emergency services more than once suspecting a heart attack.

When going to the hospital he has been told he is having a panic attack and has been told he is suffering from anxiety and been put on beta blockers which are not making any difference.

The problem we have with this is that he has no other anxiety symptoms, his breathing is fine and so is his heart rate, ecg always comes back fine and he has had a standard blood test done, which was OK, only abnormality was his oxygen level was 100% they did not follow up on this. one of the paramedics who came after calling the hospital last week said he has no idea why they have said it is a panic attack as he has never arrived to someone supposedly having one, and for them to have his pain symptoms yet be as calm as he is, without any elevated heart rate or breathing.

I think this is something neurological but I'm not sure that would explain the chest pain.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thank-you

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there.. I was soo worried abt my self coz feeling same conditions as urs but after reading all discussion im sure its all In our heads.. its nothing just anxiety and best thing to do is do wet cupping n massage to make u relax...

Im just 31 I had my blood test done 3 months b4 n doc told me every thing is normal apart from my cholestrol level which was bit high..so im making u guys sure nothing to worry abt just have a piece of garlic every day with water as u wake up every morning n u will b all right in one week.. u wud find no pain at all..

• Posted

I'm experiencing the same thing at the moment, just painful shocks on my fingers, toes, elbow, underarms, chest and sometimes even parasthesia and itchy skin.

Did you ever figure out what was happening to your bf?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.