Sharp chest pain that comes and goes, help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive been having sharp chest pain that lasts a few seconds but then it leaves my chest feeling achey and dull. its on the left side above my breast.

ive been up to the a&e to get checked out,

they said my heart is fine.

anyone else experience this?

making me feel so crap.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Just guessing you went to a clinic where they did an Ekg and took blood to check your heart ?

That doesn't give you answers though for your discomfort and I'm currently experiencing and have been for several months chest pain, breast pain and joint pain and believe it or not a lot of it is heartburn, gas and acid and I do believe though there's more to it all than just that so I think my next stop will be a cardiologist; not sure...I want testing done such as catscans/pictures to see the muscles, arteries, bones etc..we need answers and then we can treat the actual problem..so maybe have some ginger ale for now, take the over the counter pain med you can take; rest and think about what your next step will be; what doctor you can see next...saying our hearts are fine does not help us treat the problem and obviously we have a gastrointestional or joint or whatever problem...Good Luck; don't give up...I use heat( hot/warm compresses) and cold packs to treat any discomfort; it seems to help me...feel better...:)

• Posted

I'm at the hospital now,

they are doing a blood test called the D-dimmer.

just waiting for the doctors to give me results

x

• Posted

do you have palpitations or breathing problems?

• Posted

im at the hospital now,

had ecg

had a full blood test

and a d-dimmer

just waiting for the doctor to give me the results. 😦

• Posted

my D-dimmer was negative,

all my bloods came back fine too.

they said its muscular, i have anxiety too so that doesn't help.

i was scared of blood clots in my lungs but since they said everything has come back negative im ok 😃

• Posted

Well that is really good that it is nothing serious. You could be getting acid reflux, have you tried taking ranitidine and some Rennie?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.