Sharp & dull headaches

Posted , 2 users are following.

Like alot of people I had a pretty stressfull December, it culminated in shouting at my kids when they were playing up royally (exceptionally so for them as they are usually well behaved), after the shouting I felt a horrid pain in my chest which took several days to disappear. At the time I didn't feel it was A&E worthy and I wouldn't have been able to go as I had no childcare. I put this down to over stressing myself and that the symptoms would go away with time.

The pain subsided and I thought nothing more of it, however since that time (and possibly before) I have been getting quick sharp headaches on the top left of my head, which I can only equate to being stabbed in the head and I often feel it still there in an dull everpresent feeling which is more obvious at times than others.

I have a doctors appt on the 29th (the earliest I could get), whilst I am not overly concerned about the symptoms and dont feel the need to push for an earlier appt I thought i'd ask if anyone else has had these symptoms?

Thanks,

Rich

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Are they like random electric shocks? 

• Posted

Yes, but it longer lasting. I've had what i'd call electric shocks when I was first on sertraline some years ago
    • Posted

I suspect you might be prescribed the same as me.  It's called gabapentin.  You have to take it 3 times per day at meal times with water.

However, these tablets need time to get into your system. So I've been going to the gym to do some exercise (mostly stretching and riding the bike) and that is helping greatly.  If the headaches get too much, I've been told that I can take 2 codeine with paracetamol twice a day.  But the codeine is strong and mustn't be taken for long term.

I've found that clearing my nose with Sterimar and breathing fresh air has helped too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.