Sharp ear pain after perforation!?

Posted , 1 user is following.

About 3 weeks ago I got a slap to my ear and it burst my eardrum. I had a doctor check it and it IS perforated. I was perscribed Betnesol-N eardrops (which I have researched and may lead to ear ototixicity?) to prevent ear infections. Today while putting in the drops i felt as if a small amount passed through the perforation and it was followed by a very sharp horrible pain in my ear which lasted a couple of minutes. Should I stop using drops fully and let it recover by itself? If so please drop some tips on how to let it recover as I went for a checki a week ago and it hasn't healed yet!

Thanks, Marcosmile

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I would appreciate any help, my ear has been ringing non stop for weeks in class and i can't deal with it! sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.