Sharp head pain in the same spot for weeks now!?!?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! I'm a 16 year old female who is having weird issues with my head. For the past 4 weeks now I have been getting sharp headaches in the same exact spot in my head. Its on the left side towards the front and it kinda near the surface. I've also got weird pinching sensations in my face and random eye and ear pain on the same side as the headache. I'm also dizzy all the time and the only time I feel normal is when I first wake up. I'm so scared that I have a brain tumor or a brain anyursm. Can someone please help me? I think I'm dying.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Micaela, sorry to hear about your head pain. When you use your mobile, do you hold it to your left or right ear?

I am not sure how to access legal in Samsung or other brands of mobiles, but if you have an Apple iPhone or get access to one, go to settings, general, about, scroll down to legal, then click on RF Exposure. I suffered from similar symptoms that you describe, and took the advice recommended by Apple. This worked for me. The only downside was trying to break the habit of glueing the phone to my ear but after a time I got the hang of it.

When using my phone I hold it in front of me and switch on speaker mode and talk that way. Also what helped me was when I have access to wifi I switch on airplane mode and browse the internet with it on. [ When you switch on airplane mode, go to settings and check that wifi is turned on.

What I have told you here has helped me, and I don't think it will harm you in any way, but I must stress to you, that you go to your Doctor as soon as possible, and get tests done. Hope you keep better.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the reply but unfortunately I use my right ear and I hardly ever call anyone. So I don't think that would be an issue for me but thank you for your concern.

• Posted

Do you use a blootooth headset or any blootooth device, or have a smart meter in your home or live near a phone mast. These things can cause head pain. Google Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity and take the links from there. Please try hard in your research, and don’t be put off by any of your friends telling you that this a load of rubbish, but I can assure you there is a lot of truth in it. Anything is worth a try. 
  • Posted

Hi Micaela

Sorry to hear abut your headaches. They sound like classic ice-pick headaches to me. I have had them myself and I know they are extremely painful and quite scary. They are a type of cluster headache. Horrible to experience but not serious (and not linked to mobile devices). You can take a type of anti-inflammatory - indomethacin to treat them. This can be prescribed by your GP.

Best wishes, hope you're feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.