Sharp lower abdominal/pelvic pain for almost a year

Posted , 4 users are following.

o for a while now I've been having this really sharp pain that seems to be in my ovaries area (lower right abdomen most of the time but does happen in lower left), and I usually got it around the time of my ovulation which sounds normal, but about a year ago I noticed that it happened more often, not even at the time of my ovulation, just any time of my cycle, even my period.

Last year I went to A&E for horrible abdominal pain, which was initially suspected to be appendicitis but turned out that it was just an ovarian cyst that must have ruptured causing bleeding in my abdomen and that was the source of the pain.

Since then the pain has been more severe, but it comes and goes. Most of the time it's just mild pain but once every few days I get this really sharp horrible pain for a few seconds where I just have to stop what I'm doing and wait until it passes.

I was quite concerned about it so I went to my GP and she did an exam but didn't feel anything abnormal.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of pain and know what it might be? I'm on Loesterin 20 for contraception and get regular periods.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes...I have exact thing ever since GP fitted a coil about 10 years ago...born in now. I can be at any time..No warning...stops me in my tracks..sharp sudden stabbing pains ...they don't last long but are intense...not seen anyone about it though

• Posted

a ruptured cyst can cause an infection witin the pelvis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.