sharp needle like poking sensation

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi was wondering if anyone have this symptoms with health anxiety...i feel needle like poking sensation that comes and goes around my left chest area..cant help but to think its my heart..im paranoid and scared..pls enlightened me someone..been to docs many times they keep saying anxiety..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have it a lot even when I don't feel anxious! I had a ecg last week it came back abnormal so I'm terrified I've got a heart problem and there not doing any further tests so my anxiety is sky high right now! I wouldn't worry if all your tests are ok x
    • Posted

i have done 5 ecgs and all came back normal..i.hage been having it for on and off 8 months now..told docs about it they said sharp poking pains are usually muscle twich and spasm..but your comment is definitely disturbing
    • Posted

did the doc which reviewed your ecg said anything?cause abnormal doesnt mean you have a problem
    • Posted

She said it's because I have a thin chest wall I'm naturally skinny. I no it doesn't mean bad but to my mind it does!! You've most likely got muscle pains if it was your heart you'd have found out by now do not worry, it's like when your tense you might ache but it doesn't mean there's anything sinister, are you having therapy I reccomend anxiety UK I've just been having a chat with a volunteer there brill!!
    • Posted

oh thanks for the comment..hey you dont worry too much too okey..im sure everything is fine..you'll ne fine..i have read some of your other posts definitely seem like anxiety and nothing more..dont worry..go to an experience doc..young docs can be very insensitive and sometimes unreasonable with their diagnosis..makes you worry unneccesaarily..
  • Posted

Spasm or little nerve impingements. If you can relax your bodybthey will calm down,
    • Posted

ya realise when im calm its not there..only when i get anxious for some reason that i start to notice it..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.