sharp pain 5 years post op for total hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a total hysterectomy 5 years ago and for the last few months I have been having sharp pain vaginally, in my lower abdomen when I put pressure and during intercourse. I also have a "fullness" vaginal feeling. I would say it's spread out through about half of every single day. I had the hysterectomy due to grapefruit size blood clots, super long & heavy periods , endometriosis, adhesions and several fibroids. She removed as much endometriosis as possible but said there was some left in my abdominal wall due to my c-sections and that she really didn't want to open me up so it was done lap. I have an appointment but not til the 12th. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with these symptoms and what treatments were?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The pain could be caused by endo and possibly adhesions. But the feeling of "fullness" (especially when standing) would tend to indicate pelvic organ prolapse of the bladder (cystocele), urethra (urethrocele), small intestine (enterocele), and/or rectum (rectocele).

Best of luck getting answers and something that addresses it.

• Posted

Hello all,

I just returned from the obgyn and she had called me in 2 rx's one a vaginal gel and a new oral hormone replacement. I am to see if I have improvement in 4 weeks. If not go back to have an ultra sound and a discuss physical therapy. I asked what that was and didn't really get an answer. I have never heard of that. Have any of you?

Thanks again

• Posted

I agrre with the possibilty of adhesions.  I experience similar pain when pushing on the abdomen that shoots down into the vaginal and rectal area.  My adhesions have been confirmed and are causing havoc on my bowels, ovaries, etc.

Also the fullness feeling could be what has already been mentioned as well bladder inflammation and your bowels being full.   Since my hysterectomy if I am constipated it cause a sensation of fullness in my vagina as there is no seperation now.  They lay on top of eachother essentially is what my doctor told me.

I really hope you can get some relief and answers.  I know firsthand the hardest part sometimes is not knowing and not knowing what to do.  Hang in there!!!

• Posted

Hello all,

I just returned from the obgyn and she had called me in 2 rx's one a vaginal gel and a new oral hormone replacement. I am to see if I have improvement in 4 weeks. If not go back to have an ultra sound and a discuss physical therapy. I asked what that was and didn't really get an answer. I have never heard of that. Have any of you?

Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.