Sharp pain and cracklings lungs

Posted , 5 users are following.

just over a month ago i woke up early hours of the morning with a sharp pain coming from my ribs towards my back. This pain was intense and made it difficult to breathe without being in intense pain. Despite obviously needing

to see a gp, i didn't (i have a toddler and a newborn and finding a baby sitter is a nightmare). The pain level decreased after about 5 days but i can still feel a very mild pain when i sneeze. Now i've caught a cold from my toddler and when i breathe out deeply i can hear a crackling sound. would these two have anything in common and has anyone had these same symptoms and a diagnosis?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chloe

I'm Not qualified but you definitely need to speak to your GP.

Most GP's now offer phone & video appointments .

I would do it immediately just to be settled in your mind.

You may have damaged or broken a rib without realising it but you have to contact your GP.

• Posted

Hi chloe,

I'm currently going through something similar where I'm getting constant chest pain in the front and back of my upper body.

Couple weeks ago I developed a slightly sore throat, but it wasn't that bad. This followed by coughing up thick phlegm for a few days which slowly got less over the following weeks....

I am still left with pain and that crackling when breathing out deeply like you mentioned! Doesn't seem to be going away.

I have been to the gp who took a sample of my phlegm to test for bacterial infection but found nothing... So I have just gone for a chest xray today and will get results in a few days.

How are you now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.