Sharp pain attacks in left groin.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there. I am a 25 year old female with severe pain in my left groin. It started when I was 33 weeks pregnant (which was three years ago). It woke me in the night suddenly when I switched positions. I cannot express how awful the attacks get. The pain is worse then labour itself. To the point where I could pass out. Everytime I have experienced this attack, I am frozen for about a minute, which feels like an eternity. For the remainder of my pregnancy I experienced it 4 times, and when it stopped, there was a constant aching and pinch feeling. It's unbelievably hard to describe. Since having my son, the pain has been constant, but have no longer had the attacks in the night. It's effecting me physically, and emotionally . I suffer from scoliosis aswell, which may be related. I have been to gynecologists, orthopedic surgeons, and they have given me 10 different diagnosis which have all been ruled out. I have had x-rays, ultrasounds and a CT scan. The only other thing would be an MRI. After 3 years of this hell I am still left with no answers. My husband and I have held off conceiving another child, due to this issue. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.