Sharp pain by stoma

Posted , 2 users are following.

burning , stinging pain near stoma and need relief.   Tried all the meds for nerve pain, radio frequency ablation, nerve blocks cortisone shots, cod oil, and spinal cord stimulator to no avail. Cancer urologist said stoma good and maybe from inguinal hernia repair, and surgeon said did not know what could cause pain. Cannot even find some one for second opinion.   Thanx for any input

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So just to clarify.. It feels like the pain is in the skin .. (just under the surface) and the skin isn’t red.. sore or broken?

How long since the last relevant op?

• Posted

The skin is not red or broken in any way. The 1area right next to my stoma , pain feels like just below the skin and the other outside of the adhesive of the pouch it starts with tingling and gets to the point that the hair on my skin and surface of my skin hurts when just touching the hairs or skin.  

Last procedure was right inguinal lymph node removal 2 1/2 years ago, before that right inguinal hernia repair 3 1/2 years and think used some sort of mesh. Then,  feb 2014, had cystectomy.   I don't remember when the pain started, I thought soon after cystectomy, and my wife thinks after hernia repair

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.