Sharp pain in anterior of knees going up and down stairs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I am new to the forum and wondered if anyone could give me any insight into my problem.

I fell onto my knees about 6 months ago and ever since I have had a sharp pain at the front of both knees on going upstairs and downstairs.

I finally went to the Doctor a week ago and had an X Ray. The findings were that there wasnt any loose cartilage which has confused me as, it does feel like there is something very sharp directly under my kneecaps.

His diagnosis was that I have some fluid around my knee. I have no symptoms of this. No swelling or stiffness.

I am going to see him again tomorrow morning but I wondered if anyone else has had my symptoms with fluid on the knee.

My symptoms sound more like Patellefemoral syndrome to me, but would that have showed up on an X Ray?

And advise you could give me would be very much appreciated as I am totally confused!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello sarah&welcome to the best,most informative site for everything knees,😊 I hate to admit this bc i don't want to discourage you but i fell on both my knees & about 6 months,i was having a TKO at the ripe ol age of 47! Before i fell,my knee was ok,walking up to two miles a day! so i understand ur concern. Before i had my TKO,i had arthroscopic surgery to clean it but roughly 6 months later i had my TKO. that was march 6th,as of yesterday,i had a manipulation &arthroscopic done! Good luck with everything & keep us posted on your journey! peace&😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.