Sharp pain in my right kidney area

Posted , 4 users are following.

last night I started feeling a dull pain on the right side of my back, I believe it's the right kidney area, and it got worse as the night went by,I couldn't sleep and I had a running tummy too. I tried a hot compress but it did not help,neither did taking 2 tablets of aceclofenac. I saw my GP this morning who ran some blood work. CBC , liver and kidney function all came back normal. an ultrasound was done as well and all internal organs appear normal. where could this pain come from? has anyone experienced it and what helped relieving the pain? are they any other tests that can be done? I forgot to mention that my urine was tested and came back normal as well. as I m typing I can feel a dull pain around that area.

I am unable to stretch as it makes the pain worse. please help!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

what did the gp said? pulled muscle could be behind it.... give it rest and drink plenty of water.

hope you get well soon

• Posted

GP didn't give me a clear feedback ,he gave me some pain meds and asked me to see how I feel in a couple of days. I am trying to drink plenty water yes. thanks Ed

• Posted

Hi christelle51

Sorry to hear you are in pain, but you have been moving house, packing, lifting and carrying things no doubt heavy objects. You have probably strained your muscles and ligaments. Anytime i do anything strenuous my back and shoulders give me pain. I rest up for a couple of days and it eases off. Rest up at at all possible. Take hot showers or long soak in bath and rest...take some pain meds or use rub in pain cream such as Volterol. I know not easy to take time out, but i always make time to rest when i get aches and pains and this usually does the trick. If you take a good rest for awhile and you still have pain, consult your doctor again.....

• Posted

Thanks Mary. I hope it's really just a pulled muscle. I was in so much pain I cried at night. I will take pain meds and give it a couple if days as you suggested. It's really been hectic but I can't remember pulling a muscle while lifting, but again I could have and I just not felt it immediately . thanks again Mary.

• Posted

If you have IBS, nothing will show up and there is no point in further tests. Try an anti spasmodic or painkiller and Imodium. Try to stay as calm as possible to keep flare ups at bay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.