Sharp pain in wrist.

Posted , 2 users are following.

The last couple of weeks I have been getting sharp pain in my wrist when I twist it at work nail y or put a lot of pressure on it. I do a lot of lifting and sealing boxes. It's on my left wrist on on my little finger side where the hand meets the wrist, when it hurts it's a really sharp pain but then stops until I do it again. I don't want to go to the doctors if it's just a muscle but when it hurts it really does hurt just for a few seconds. I'm going to strap it up to see if it helps but any advice would be great.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If it is a "Repetitive Strain Injury" you should report it to your personnel department at work

• Posted

I'm not sure, it's not swollen and doesn't hurt all the time just when I twist the wrist or push down on it.

• Posted

Have it checked out by your doctor and if it is an RSI report it at work.

What job do you do?

• Posted

I work in a paper factory so lifting and doing the same things packing and boxing
    • Posted

It does sound like an RSI.  Get a doctor to confirm it and make sure your employer knows what is happening.

My daughter used to work for the old printing firm Hazel, Watson and Vyney and she developed RSI from continually feeding sheets of paper into the press and my wife who worked for Tesco when I first met her 20 years ago suffered from RSI from lifting and scanning articles.

You really do need to get it checked to avoid permanent damage.

• Posted

I will make an appointment for doctors tomorrow, I just didn't want to go doctors and they told me it was a sprained wrist or something and waste there time.

• Posted

Explain your job in detail and let him decide.

If he agrees it is an RSI inform you firm - they should have health and safety procedures in place for this sort of thing.

I wish you well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.